HTC has announced the iPhone look-a-like android smartphone, the HTC One A9. The device comes in variety of colors including Carbon Grey, Topaz Gold, Opal Silver, Deep Garnet, Acid Gold and black version called Cast Iron, though colors availability varies by region. The One A9 looks similar to iPhone, it is built with full aluminum unibody design with Fingerprint sensor below 5 inch Full HD display.
HTC One A9 – Quick Specifications
- 5 inch Full HD AMOLED display
- Android 6.0 with HTC Sense UI
- Octa core Snapdragon 617 (Quad core 1.5GHz + Quad core 1.2GHz)
- 32GB storage + microSD card support up to 2TB
- 3GB RAM
- 13MP main camera
- 4MP UltraPixel front camera
- WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC, GPS
- 2150 mAh Battery with Quick Charge 2.0
HTC One A9 is quiet thin as 7.3mm and weighs just 143 gram. It features 5 inch Full HD AMOLED 2.5D Gorilla Glass 4 protected display. It is powered by new 64-bit Snapdragon 617 Quad core SoC clocked at 1.5GHz paired with Adreno 405 GPU. It comes with 32GB internal storage and 3GB RAM. It also supports external memory via microSD card up to 2TB. It is the First non-Nexus device to run on Android 6.0 Marshmallow with HTC Sense UI on top.
The smartphone has 13 megapixel main camera with sapphire cover lens, auto-focus, BSI sensor, OIS, ƒ/2.0 and 1080p video recording (Snapdragon 617 does not support 4K recording). It also supports RAW capturing and Hyperlapse videos. Front 4MP UltraPixel fixed focus camera can also record videos in Full HD. Below the display, HTC One A9 features fingerprint sensor which looks like a button but it doesn’t depress. It can be set to wake the phone on touch and unlock it on a longer touch and it can be used as a Home key. Other sensors include Ambient Light Sensor, Proximity, Compass, Magnetic Sensor and Gyro Sensor.
The device comes with 2150 mAh battery with Quick Charge 2.0 support (forward compatible with Quick Charge 3.0 with future software upgrade). It can give you talk time of up to 16 hours on 3G. The device is compatible with major LTE bands, check details below.
- AT&T,TMUS,VzW: 2G GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900; 3G UMTS 850/AWS(1700)/1900/2100; 4G LTE Bands FDD 2,3,4,5,7,12,13,17,29
- SPCS: 2G GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900; 3G UMTS 850/AWS(1700)/1900/2100; CDMA BC0/BC1/BC10 4G LTE Bands FDD 2,4,5,12,25,26 TDD: 41
The One A9 is available for pre-order for the limited time offer price of $399 on HTC US website.