The Chinese manufacturer Gionee has officially launched latest handset called Gionee S6 in India. It was launched in China in November last year. The smartphone is available in Gold, Silver and Rose Gold colors priced at Rs.19999 on Flipkart.
The Gionee S6 has a Full Metal unibody design with shining edges. It sports 5.5 inch HD (1280 X 720) Super AMOLED display with scratch resistant Gorilla Glass 3 protection. Running on Amigo 3.1 based on Android 5.1 Lollipop, the handset is powered by 1.3GHz Octa-core MediaTek MT6753 with 3GB RAM. The device includes 32GB internal storage which can be expanded via microSD card (on the second sim) up to 128GB. It is a dual sim (hybrid) device that works on Indian 4G bands as well as VoLTE (Voice over LTE) which will be supported on upcoming networks. Other connectivity features include WiFi, WiFi Hotspot, Bluetooth, GPS and USB Type-C port.
It is equipped with a 13-megapixel (f/2.0) rear camera with LED flash and a 5-megapixel front camera. It can record videos in Full HD 1080p. Other camera features include HDR, Professional Mode, Smart Scene, QR code scanner, Geo-Tagging and more. The Gionee S6 packs 3150 mAh non-removable battery which can provide up to 18 hours of talk time on 3G.
Looking at the specs-to-price ratio, recently launched Lenovo Vibe X3 offers better value compare to Gionee S6 at the same price of Rs.19999. Check detail specifications below.
Gionee S6 Specifications
- 5.5 inch HD Super AMOLED display
- Dual sim (hybrid), 4G (TDD: B40, FDD: B3)
- Android 5.1 Lollipop, Amigo UI 3.1
- 1.3GHz Octa-core MediaTek MT6753
- Mali-T720 GPU
- 32GB internal storage
- microSD card support up to 128GB (on sim 2)
- 3GB RAM
- 13MP + 5MP camera
- 3150 mAh Battery
- FM Radio
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, USB Type-C port
- Sensors: Proximity Sensor, G-Sensor, E-Compass, Motion Sensor, Light Sensor, Gyro
- Dimensions: 151.9 x 74.6 x 6.9 mm
- Weight: 148g
- SAR Value: 0.192 W/Kg @ 1g (Head), 0.119 W/Kg @ 1g (Body)